Ironstone Derby info: Packet pickup Friday, race-day parking off-site
IMPORTANT RACE & EVENT DETAILS:
• BIB PICKUP will be available on Friday, May 5 at Ironstone Farm — parking and bib pickup, along with pickup of shirts, barbecue passes and souvenir glasses at the Brown Farmhouse, 456 Lowell St., Andover, MA from 3 to 7 p.m.
• OFF-SITE PARKING (free shuttle) for race day is available at Thermo Fisher Scientific, in the Ames Pond Corporate Park, 2 Radcliff Road, Tewksbury (next to McDonald’s). Thermo Fisher is about 1.5 miles past the farm off Route 133 (Lowell Street) heading west toward Lowell. Parking is not available at Ironstone Farm for the race with the exception of those with designated handicapped parking passes.
• HANDICAPPED PARKING will be at Ironstone Farm in the main parking lot in front of the arena. Please park next to the logs in the middle of the lot. We will only allow event participants who have a handicapped sticker or Ironstone parking pass to park on site derby day. If you do not have a handicapped sticker or placard, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and arrangements will be made.
• ONLINE REGISTRATION will be closed at 12 noon on Saturday, May 6. DAY OF RACE registration and packet pickup (of bibs, shirtis available on Saturday, May 6 at Ironstone Farm beginning at 3 p.m. The cost to register for the 5K on race day is $35 — register before then for only $30. The barbecue is likely to sell out, as it did last year.
• DAY OF RACE REGISTRATION will close at 4 p.m. If you are registering at the race, you should plan on boarding buses at Thermo Fisher by 3:30 p.m. in order to have ample time to complete your registration.
• STROLLERS are allowed, but should be something you can fit on the bus. We encourage umbrella strollers. If you have a larger stroller, you are welcome to bring it ahead of time, by dropping it off during bib pickup on Friday, May 5, from 3 to 7 p.m., or on race day before 2:30 p.m. at Ironstone Farm (main gravel entrance by the green hanging signs, next to the white house that is our Arts & Education Center at 448 Lowell St.
• PETS NOT ALLOWED — We are sorry, but because we have 30 horses and 3 donkeys on our property, pets are not allowed at this race. We want a great event for all two- and four-legged friends!
• WIN OUR DERBY HAT CONTEST — Don’t forget about our “Best Derby Hat” contest with one male and one female winner. The judging will happen around 6 p.m. in the arena, but you can strut your style all day. It’s a derby party!
Running? Good luck at coming out on top! We offer $100, $75 and $50 Burtons Grill gift cards and roses to the top 3 male and female winners.